Writing a scientific research article provides a learning experience to every student. It is also an experience gaining opportunity for those who are doing or done with their PhD.
In this article, we will provide you with some good tips which will help you in writing your scientific article research review.
- Give lots of time to yourself for writing scientific research: Writing years of scientific evolution into a small piece of writing is not an easy task. It requires skills to investigate the literature and connotation of the new scientific inventions made so far. Most importantly, remember your deadline date. Manage your time so that you can complete your review on time.
- Make an outline for your review topic: The outline will make your work easier, as you already know what type of information you have to include in your research.
- Be attentive while looking at the general requirement: First decide you want to publish your research in any journal. If yes, then carefully read the entire necessary requirement to publish your research. It is highly recommended to strictly follow the entire general requirement. Like, word count limit, no of pages or citation
- Knowledge about literature: The researcher should have knowledge about latest scientific happenings, current inventions and discoveries. A good review should provide the essence of latest scientific activities if required.
- Make important notes while reading the literature review: It is very difficult to memorize each and every article which you have read so far. While reading literature, different thoughts come into your mind. So, you can write those points while reading, which you can interpret later. This step will help you in building review structure.
- Inspect previously published research: It is obligatory for a researcher to comprehend data to their readers. A scientific review article is the best option where you can point out future issues and forewarning.
- Explain important findings: This area provides an open ground for the researcher to discuss all the things they observed. The researcher can also speculate how different species can provide advantages. This type of discussion is not only biological friendly in fact; it also provides an understanding, to the readers about how the process is regulated.
- Graphical representation: Utilize tables, charts and figures to explain the major points in article review, graphical representation provides better knowledge to readers as they are easy to understand.
- Ask for feed backs: Show your draft to your batch mates, mentor or friends. Maybe they have a different opinion about your topic or new thoughts which haven’t crossed your mind yet, their ideas might help you in making amendments. Taking feedback will not only help you in preventing inaccuracies, it will also improve your research.
- Discuss future recommendations: Take comments from your friends, mentors or batch mates about the review topic in order to determine future improvements. Also explain how you can take part in scientific improvement.
I know the whole procedure of analyzing and writing is very time consuming, since you have to be consistent throughout your review. But while writing a scientific review you will gain lots of knowledge which will help you in becoming a better researcher in future.